The IBMCP Bioinformatics Service provides IBMCP researchers and external organizations with the hardware infrastructure, computational tools, and field expertise necessary for modern biological research. Services provided include:
1) Consultancy services to researchers for the planning of bioinformatic activities in the request for project financing and in the planning of their experiments with a view to an adequate subsequent bioinformatic treatment.
2) Analysis and storage of large data sets obtained using modern high-performance techniques, mainly NGS.
3) Development of tools, web pages and specific databases.
4) Administration and support for direct users of IBMCP computational resources.
5) Resolution of specific bioinformatics needs other than those listed above (preparation of scripts, help in locating and using databases, programs and external bioinformatics web services, sending data to public repositories, help in writing articles, etc.).
– Bull NovaScale R440 server, with 2 Intel Xeon dual-core processors at 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, with a disk cabinet (SAS storage system), for hosting and serving databases and web pages, and copy storage of security.